Witamy! Welcome to the Hartford PNH. Our Pub is the oldest, authentic Polish Pub & Tavern in Connecticut! Our doors opened for the first time in 1930. Try our exclusive PNH Hussar Ale, only available here. View the hartford pnh menu below.
What are you in the mood for? Check out the new Hartford PNH Menu* below.
Our Daily Menu (PDF) – During Lent we added Fish-n-Chips/Shrimp-n-Chips (11.99) and our delicious Fisherman’s Platter (16.99) for Fridays. Ask your server if there is availability during other days.
- PRZEKĄSKI / APPETIZERS
- SAŁATKI / SALADS
- KANAPKI / SANDWICHES
- POLSKIE TRADYCYJNE DANIA/POLISH TRADITIONAL SELECTIONS | Entrees
- MENU DLA DZIECI / CHILDREN’S MENU
- Desery / Desserts
- A Sampling of our Adult Beverages
Our Daily Menu
PRZEKĄSKI / APPETIZERS
Stuffed Cabbage – Gołąbek 4.25
One freshly made rolled cabbage stuffed with meat and rice topped with our own tomato based gravy
Sauteed Mushrooms – Pieczarkizpatelni 7.50
Roasted garlic-dill butter/herbed farmers cheese toast
Polish Flatbread – Zapiekanka 9.25
Made fresh and topped with mushrooms, cheese, and sweet and sour tomato sauce
Potato Pancake Minis – Mini Placki Ziemniaczane 6.25
Three mini potato pancakes served with sour cream and apple sauce with sliced salmon add-$4
Pulled Pork Sliders 9.25
Zywiec-bacon sauerkraut/tomato gravy
Hunter’s Stew – Bigos 6.00
A delicious mixture of meats, spices & sauerkraut with rye bread
Sliced Kielbasa – Kiełbasa w Plasterkach 5.50
Juicy Polish sausage sliced for a side or a snack
Pierogi Sampler 5.50
One meat,,one cheese & potato, one sauerkraut & mushrooom. served boiled or deep fried with chopped bacon and onion
Chicken Wings – Skrzydełka 8.75
Buffalo style with creamy dill or bleu cheese dressing
Herring – Sledzie 6.25
Marinated herring filet in wine sauce
French Fries – Frytki 5.50/basket
Golden cut potatoes wedges lightly salted
Placki Fries– 6.75/basket
A PNH EXCLUSIVE – potato pancake fries with creamy dill dipping sauce
Royal Polish Plate-22.50
A HartfordPNH favorite – Kielbasa, four pierogi, one gołabek, one potato pancake and bigos with a Hussar Ale or House Wine
Polish Plate Deluxe – Polski Talerz Luksusowy 14.95
A Hartford PNH favorite Kielbasa, bigos, two cheese and potato pierogi, one gołabek and dill potatoes
Potato Pancakes – Placki Ziemniaczane 10.50 three full sized potato pancakes with applesauce and sour cream with sliced salmon add $5
Stuffed Cabbage Plate – 12.50
Two stuffed cabbage with dill potatoes, and your choice of vegetables or bigos.
Polish Kielbasa Plate – Talerz Polskiej Kiełbasy 13.50
With a choice of potatoes or pierogi, and your choice of vegetables or Bigos.
Pierogi Plate – Pierogi Talerz 12.50
Eight pierogi with chopped bacon, onions and Bigos.
Extra wide egg noodles tossed with butter braised cabbage and roasted mushrooms or slow roasted pork
Pork Cutlet – Kotlet Schabowy 14.50
With dill potatoes, and your choice of vegetables or Bigos
Chicken Cutlet – Kotlet z Kurczaka 14.25
With dill potatoes, and your choice of vegetables or Bigos
Roast Pork Loin – Polędwica Wieprzowa 15.25
With dill potatoes, gravy and your choice of vegetables or Bigos
Soups / Salads / Sides
Soup of the Day – Zupa Dnia Cup 3.95 / Bowl 5.75
Please ask your server about the daily soup selections
Roasted Salmon Salad Plate14.50
Served on bed of kasha walnut salad w Zubrowka vinaigrette and mixed greens
House Salad – Zielona Sałata 5.25
With fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and fresh croutons add chicken salad $2, add sliced salmon $5
Beet Salad – Surówka z Buraczków 4.00 with roasted and marinated beets
Cucumber Salad – Mizeria 4.00 with fresh cucumbers, dill and sour cream
Sauerkraut Salad – Surówka z Kapusty Kiszonej 4.00 with sauerkraut, carrots and apples
Potato Salad – Sałatka Ziemniaczana 3.75
KANAPKI / SANDWICHES
served with side of potato salad and pickle
** substitute french fries or cup of soup add $1.75 **
Smoked Salmon Rachel – Wędzony Łosoś 12.50
with chilled cabbage salad
Roasted Pork Loin Sandwich – Polędwica Wieprzowa 10.25
with Bigos and mustard
Kielbasa Sandwich – Kiełbasa z Bigosem 9.00
with Bigos and mustard
Chicken Salad Sandwich – Sałatka z Kurczaka 8.75
House made salad from fresh baked chicken
►MENU DLA DZIECI / CHILDREN’S MENU
Chicken Tenders – Kawałki Kurczaka 7.95
with French Fries
Pierogo Plate – Pierogi Talerz (Maly) 6.95
three Pierogi with French Fries
Sliced Kielbasa Plate – Talerz Kiełbasy (Maly) 7.95
with choice of two Pierogi, or French Fries
Stuffed Cabbage Plate – Gołąbki Talerz (Maly) – 6.95
One stuffed cabbage with dill potatoes, and your choice of vegetables or Bigos
Desery / Desserts
Two Blueberry Pierogi – Dwa Jagodowe Pierogi 4.50
topped with cinnamon and sweet sour cream
Vanilla Ice Cream – Lody Waniliowe 2.95
(top with your favorite Liqour , add $4)
Seasonal Cakes and Pies 6.95
(ask server for selections)
List of our Select Beverages & Cocktails
Executive Chef Jeff T is always coming up with great specials, placed daily or weekly on the Hartford PNH Menu board in our pub. Be sure to stop by often so you don’t miss out on Greater Hartford’s best-kept secret!
Please ask your server about our selection of Polish and craft beers on draught. Try our exclusive, local craft-brewed, Hussar Ale!
A Sample of Our Beer, Wine & Spirits
A locally crafted ale by an award-winning Connecticut craft beer brewer. A deep golden, light-bodied American-style ale. This West-coast style beer has a smooth, crisp taste, accentuated by a light malt character and even hop balance. This easy drinking, thirst-quenching beer appeals to a broad range of beer drinkers whether they are a seasoned enthusiast or a Craft beer beginner.
This unusual and totally Polish-Slavic twist on the traditional vodka martini is made with sledzie wine sauce and garnished with sledzie. The drink also comes with a small side of sledzie. What are “sedzie”? They are pickled herring. We make this vodka martini with Belvedere.
Hussar Bloody Mary
Start with a house-made, horseradish infused vodka, and you have the foundation for a delicious Bloody Mary. Garnished with Kaminski, Pickles, smoked Kielbasa and a sprig of dill. Ask for extra horseradish to give it a kick.
- Bison Grass infused
- Horseradish Infused – The foundation of our Hussar Bloody Mary!
- Dill Pickle Infused
Our House Wines
– A bold, full-bodied wine with juicy blackberry, sweet plum, and pepper spice flavors. Pairs well with beef, cheddar cheese and our Hussar Plate (kielbasa)
– Mouth-filling flavors of plums, cherries and wild red berries dominate from start to finish. Soft, supple and complex. Pretty and seductive with a decidedly spicy nose of black cherry, cassis and cedar. Pairs well with chicken, roasted pork and prime rib.
– A deep red color and pleasant aromas are offset by a dry, harmonic blend of black cherry with a touch of vanilla that stays on the tongue to produce a pleasant finish. With true varietal flavors and an easy drinking, fruit-forward profile, this Pinot Noir reaches a fine balance between soft and subtle, and complex and BOLD. This is a versatile red wine that can be enjoyed alone or paired with a variety of foods like, beef, veal, pork, lamb, chicken, and even fish.
– A sun-kissed Chardonnay with bold aromas of apple and pear, combined with the classic spices of Grandma’s apple pie. Tropical fruit, pineapple and melon flavors combine with well-integrated layers of crème brûlée and a smattering of vanilla. Pairs well with chicken, pierogi, tuna and Mac-n-Cheese
– With bright lively citrus and summer fruit flavors – like honeydew melon, nectarine, and pair – this wine is a perfect reward for a long day. Pairs great with a chicken dish or the PNH Wedge Salad.
– Abundant citrus and lemon-lime aromas with layers of fresh stone fruit, sprinkled with intense floral and lavender notes. Bright and racy acidity is beautifully balanced with fresh citrus, leading to a crisp, refreshing finish. This versatile wine pairs with a number of dishes, but may go particularly well with seafood.
Sweet Wines (Berlinger)
– This California wine tastes fresh and delicious with berry-like fruit flavors and aromas of citrus and honeydew. Enjoyable all by itself or with a wide variety of foods. It pairs especially well with spicy cuisine.
– Grapes were picked as soon as they achieved the perfect balance of ripe fruit flavors and vibrant structure. Peach and honeysuckle aromas with fresh fruit flavors of stone fruit and Fuji apple. Pairs well with spicy foods, cheese dishes and dessert.
A Taste of our Spirits
– “Pronounced “zoo-broov-ka,” the vodka itself calls on over 400 years of history and is made from rye (as are almost all Polish vodkas) and then infused with a specific grass, hierochloe odorata, which is native to the Białowieża Forest in north eastern Poland. The grass contains a chemical called coumarin which, apart from being used to flavor tobacco and cakes (among other things), also has certain medicinal value, such as being a blood thinner. Healthy vodka? Well, that might be a stretch.” – Credit: Eater.com. You may read the full article here.
Woodford Reserve Bourbon
– This Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is comprised of more than 200 detectable flavor notes, from bold grain and wood, to sweet aromatics, spice, and fruit & floral notes
Appearance: Clean, brilliant honey amber.
Nose: Heavy with rich dried fruit, hints of mint and oranges covered with a dusting of cocoa. Faint vanilla and tobacco spice.
Taste: Rich, chewy, rounded and smooth, with complex citrus, cinnamon and cocoa.
Toffee, caramel, chocolate and spice notes abound.
Finish: Silky smooth, almost creamy at first with a long, warm satisfying tail.
Chivas Regal Scotch Whisky
– Described as “the blend for grown-ups”, this is a very refined blended whisky, with herbs, honey and fruit leaping forth on the palate.
Nose: A creamy, aromatic melange of vanilla custard, hints of aniseed, lemon curd and butter toffee. Wood shavings and dried banana chips develop with just a hint of cassis.
Palate: More of those banana chips showing through on the palate, this time there’s a creamy hit of barley malt too, pepped up with a little allspice. Notes of ground walnut and caramel.
Finish: Light spice and black pepper on the tail. Lingering notes of cereal sweetness.
Overall: A spicy, beautifully balanced blend. Lots going on here.
Johnny Walker Red/Black Scotch Whisky
– Johnnie Walker Red Label is crackling with spice and bursting with vibrant, smoky flavors. | Try it with a cola, cranberry or green iced tea.
It’s a blend that combines light whiskies from Scotland’s East Coast and more peaty whiskies from the West, creating an extraordinary depth of flavor. Johnnie Walker Red Label has hints of cinnamon and pepper, fruity sweetness, and a mellow bed of vanilla, before the Johnnie Walker signature of a long, lingering, smoky finish.
Johnnie Walker Black Label is rich, complex and incredibly well-balanced, full of dark fruits, sweet vanilla, and signature smokiness. | Have it on the rocks, in an Old Fashioned, or a JW Black Sour.
– Johnny Walker Black is blended exclusively from whiskeys matured for at least 12 years, it brings together flavors from the four corners of Scotland to create an experience that is complex, deep and rewarding. Johnnie Walker Black Label rolls decadently over the tongue, releasing intense sweet vanillas that give way to orange zest and aromas of spice and raisins. The finish is unbelievably smooth and layered with rich smoke, peat, and malt.
– This premium tequila is clear in color, exhibits fruit and citrus aromas, has a smooth and sweet start with a light pepper finish. Enjoy it on the rocks as an alternative to a fine Scotch.
Patron XO Cafe
– Patron Silver and the natural essence of fine coffee. It’s excellent for sipping, mixed in cocktails or as a dessert ingredient.